Kate McClain Social Skills groups allow your child to improve social, communication, and play skills in a small group of similar-age peers. Although we work on many different skills, the main goal of these groups is to help children feel confident and successful in social situations by providing a structured and supportive environment in which to explore and play. Each group consists of a facilitator and an assistant, and is limited to a maximum of 6 children to ensure an optimal amount of attention for each child in the group.
We work on friendship skills including:
- how to be a good friend / how to find a good friend
- initiating, continuing, and concluding conversations
- working constructively within a group
- reading social cues and body language
- self-regulation strategies (managing stress and anxiety; calming techniques)
- listening, perspective-taking, and showing empathy
- We also incorporate sensory activities and work on fine and gross motor skills
Current Session: July 8, 15, 22, 29; August 5, 12, 19, 26
Upcoming session: Sept 9, 16, 23, 30; Oct 7, 14, 21, 28
Interested in having your child joining a group? Please complete our application!
Not sure if a group is right for your child? Contact our practice manager for your location to set up a free 20-minute phone consult before completing the application.
How to enroll:
Please complete our application so that we can see if your child might be a good fit for one of our groups. Questions? Please contact us! Upon reviewing your application, we will contact you to set up an intake meeting, so that we can observe your child, confirm that he/she is a good fit, and talk to you about your child’s strengths and needs. There is a $175 fee for the intake meeting.